Wish List

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Father's Day cards...

This is just a quick post to say Happy Father's Day to all the dads, granddads, uncles, teachers, mentors and other men who have been a positive influence in a young person's life. I hope you have a wonderful day!

I made a few Father's Day cards for the thrift store to sell this year. Here are a couple of them:

This card was for a coffee-loving dad. It's pretty simiple, but that's how men like their cards, right?

I die-cut the sentiment, glued it to the front of my card and then added some Glossy Accents to the letters.

You may not remember, but I mentioned in one of my posts that my Glossy Accents had gotten quite thick and was really difficult to squeeze out of the tiny nozzle on the bottle. I had read that it is water-based, so you can add a few drops of water to thin it out. I did that, and it worked

If you have some Glossy Accents that have thickened over time, just add a few drops of water at a time, shaking it well after each addition until it is the thickness you like. Just be careful not to add too much.

This is another card that features some masculine DSP. I really didn't think anything other than the die-cut sentiment was needed on the front. 




This was the computer-generated sentiment that I put in each of these cards.


















Here is the card I made for my husband, featuring a photo of our dog, Mickey. It was made with no die-cutting, minimal stamping (paw prints), but no coloring, and no special folds. 


This is what it says on the inside. To say he loved it is a vast understatement. I think it is his most favorite card I have ever made for him.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Really nicely done cards!
Your are really good at making masculine cards. I always struggle with those!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh Cheryl, I see I've missed loads of fabulousness on your blog! Hopefully I'll not be gone so long again! Love your Father's Day cards and Mickey's one is brilliant, your sentiment is totally hilarious!

designbydonna said...

Great set of mascuoine cards. I like the tree one with the gold. The one from the dog is so cute. Hilarious sentiment.

Lynette said...

Your Father's Day cards are all great, especially the one for Gary. VERY cool!!

Glittered Paws said...

Love them all but the one with Mickey for his "Dad" is great. I can see why that was his favorite. I don't use Glossy Accents very well - I get bubbles and well it is usually just a mess. These are all great.