Wish List

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Playing with oil pastels...

 Not long ago I got a set of oil pastel crayons. I really wasn't sure how to use them, but thought I'd give it a try anyway.

I created the colored background (behind the rectangular sailboat die-cut) with the pastels. I scribbled on the colors I wanted in the area where I wanted them and then used a small sponge, dipped in odorless mineral spirits to smooth out the colors. 


I like the way the colors blended and softened. 

Once I had the background the way I wanted it, I glued on the white die-cut. Then I popped up both the rectangle and the sentiment on foam tape.








I printed an inside sentiment with my computer to finish the card.









For this card, I created the background with the pastels and then stamped my image on top of it with
black ink.


I matted my rectangle before popping it up on some foam tape.

The sentiment was stamped with Versafine black ink and then heat-embossed with black embossing powder.








I used a stamp for the sentiment on the inside of this card.











Finally, I want to share the handmade Valentine my husband made for me. It was the first time he ever made one. I guess all my card making has inspired him, lol.

His crafty skills are pretty nonexistent, but it's the thought that counts, right? Besides that, he made it the morning of February 14th, so he (obviously) didn't take much time with it.


This was the front. all hand cut, hand drawn, hand written.










And here"s the sweet message on the inside.

I asked him why he used a green marker (it looked a little Christmas-y to me). He said, "Because it's the marker that was on my desk." I thought, "Yup, that's what I do, too. If it's on my desk and in sight, I tend to use it."

He is such a sweet, caring man. I'm lucky to have him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love the look of the oil crayon backgrounds. You did a great job blending colors. The sailboat makes me sigh and with I were at a warm beach. Winter has sent us another whammy. Your husband is so sweet to make a handmade card for you. Or idid it mean he had forgotten to go buy a card. LOL!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done. That first card is a stunner. All three are well designed and colored.

Hugs and Blessings

Glittered Paws said...

Oh beautiful cards - love the sailboat with the blended background. nd how sweet for hubby to make you a sweet card. My hubs did that a few years back.

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with the pastels. I also liked your husband's card. So sweet! A treasure for sure!