Wish List

Friday, February 16, 2024

Beautiful borders can make a card...

 

I was gifted a package of beautiful 12" long borders a few years ago and haven't really used them much. Every once in a while, when I run out of ideas, I pull them out and use one of them. And that's how these cards came to be.

The row of daisies on the rust-colored background is the border I used. I put it at the bottom of a panel of DSP, then added a die-cut sentiment and some gold dots with a Viva Decor pen.


The inside of the card was stamped with a nice sentiment verse.









This card was made in exactly the same way. Only the gold dots were applied in different positions.


And a different sentiment was stamped on the inside.











Finally, here's a fun card I made a few weeks ago but hadn't shared yet.

The digital image is "Gus" from Bugaboo Stamps. I colored him up with alcohol markers, cut him out with a wonky-stitched square, and popped the square up on foam tape.

The sentinent was printed with my computer, then die-cut and also popped up on foam tape.


I added some Glossy Accents to his glasses and some sparkle to the candle flames.








I decorated the inside of the card just a bit and added a computer-generated sentiment.

*****

I am happy to report that all the Valentines I made for the thrift store--about 30 of them--sold by Valentine's Day. I worked hard this past week to make 23 more cards to refill the "Handmade Card Basket" at the store. 

We had about 7 inches of snow Wednesday night. It was the first real snow we had since Halloween! I don't think it will last long, though, as the weatherperson is predicting temps in the mid-40s in a couple of days.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful border - very versatile and love what you did with it. I love the whimsy card (my favorite kind of stamps). You were busy getting all of the Valentine cards ready for the Thrift Store. Great job.

designbydonna said...

the small things like your borders make a card fabulous. Love the fun one too. That image is cute.