Wish List

Friday, February 2, 2024

Get well soon and a birthday card for a "sweet thing"...

 

I know that I have shared some of these die-cut vases before (I really love them!), but this card also features some new rectangle dies that I purchased recently. My sister had used one of these dies on a card she sent to me, and I loved it so much I ordered them.

I used two of the dies on this card to create/extend the front flap of this top-fold card.  The graduated corners make them look very Art Deco, and the edge stitching adds a nice finishing touch.


I selected a couple of my leafy sprig dies and cut them out of different shades of green cardstock to put in my vase.

The vase was cut from white cardstock and then lightly inked with gray ink to emphasize the embossed lines.

The sentiment was popped up on foam tape.

Since this is the first time I used these retangular dies, I thought I'd enter this card into the NBUS challenge





I added some more of the striped DSP on the inside of the card along with a stamped sentiment. I loved how this card turned out, and I need to make some more of them!








For this card I used a new strawberry stamp and die set. The images have a couple of layering stamps each for some added depth and dimension. The sentiment was also included in the stamp set.


The crate was one I had cut with another die ages ago but hadn't used. It was definitely time for it to be adhered to a card. I backed the openings between the slats with red cardstock to give the impression that it was filled with strawberries.



I had a strawberry and a flower left over, so I used them on the inside. I think that little bit of decoration dressed it up nicely.

We have had Spring-like weather here the last couple of days. I'm sure it will get cold again, but boy have we enjoyed the warmth and sunshine. And Mickey (our dog) absolutely LOVES being outside.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Lynette said...

Two great cards, Cheryl! We can be easily "enabled" to buy new things, can't we? I'm guilty of the same thing. Your rectangles are a wonderful shape, and I like the vase and flowers. The strawberries are wonderful, too. Two great cards.

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of the cards - and would you believe that I just bought a "crate" die this past week. I thought it would have a lot of uses, I didn't think of strawberries. Love the vase and leaf springs as well.
We have had warmer temps as well here - some days getting up to 63.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE your floral card, very Art Deco! And those strawberries look good enough to eat! Glad to hear you had some nice weather - our daffodils are on their way up and I saw my first lambs of the year at the weekend ... Spring is on its way!

Darnell said...

I love these two designs, Cheryl! That's a cool way you did the vase and I like just having leaves in it. I also think it's cool that you have a sister who makes cards and you enable each other, lol! Thank you for sharing that sweet strawberry card to remind us spring is on the way and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

p.s. I just talked to one of my sisters in Iowa and she says it is even supposed to get warmer - into the 60s - and then (waugh waugh) cold again. As you said, enjoy it while you can!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful cards!