Wish List

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Masculine Valentines...

 

A mug of steaming coffee (or hot chocolate) for a guy works, right? I used kraft for the card base, which I think is geat for masculine themes, and popped the mug up on foam tape. 


The only non-male thing I added was the glitzy heart on the mug, but that's the giver's love shining through. ha ha

I thought this card would work great if someone wanted to include a gift card to a coffee shop.

The sentiment was printed with my computer, die-cut and popped up.





The inside featured a stamped sentiment and three more glitzy hearts.

On the advice of crafty friend, Donna, I am entering this card into challenge #340 at the Cardz 4 Guys Challenge Blog.











Now this one is definitely masculine. I had a sheet of  dsp that had a big part of the world map on it, so I cut that up to use as my background panel. I purposely die-cut the world in muted colors and then added a deep red, punched heart in the center, which was covered with Glossy Accents.


The world was popped up on foam squares, as was my sentiment circle.

I kept all these cards really simple. It seems our masculine counterparts like them that way. At least I hope so!








Another stamped sentiment was inside this one with a couple additional hearts.











I know, I know, this one looks pink. But it really was more of a peachy color than pink. The center piece of DSP with the banners printed on it has been popped up on foam squares.


I die-cut the XOXO from gold metallic catdstock and adhered it to the DSP.









This one has a humorous sentiment on the inside that I printed out with my computer.

All of these Valentines were donated to the thrift store and sold quickly, so I think there were customers that found them to their liking.

I finally finished enough Valentines for my own personal use and I'm trying to get them addressed and in the mail. I've had a bad cold the last few days, so I haven't spent as much time as I would have liked in my crafting space. But I'm on the mend, so I'll get it all done...eventually.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

9 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great selection of Valentines. Your right that mug one would be great for a coffee shop gift card. And without the heart you could use it any time of the year. I like the map one too. I have cut up pieces from an old atlas touse as card bases. Love that sentiment on the last card!

designbydonna said...

Me again. You are rockin' the masculine look. You should enter that mug card at Cardz for Guyz

Lynette said...

Great valentines, Cheryl!! I especially like the sentiment on the last one - very funny!

dj said...

Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine LOVE challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked our challenge with your trio of cards!! Great Valentine's Day card for a guy!! Deb Horst, DT C4G340

Pamela said...

I don't know which one I have to pick but I love them all, a great selection of heart/love cards that you shared with us at the challenge C4Guyz.

JD/ Jill said...

Great valentines cards! I especially like the second one, You are reminding me that I need to get to work and make some tonight. Hope you are having a good day!

Lynne in NI said...

Another fab selection of Valentine's Cheryl ... I'm just trying to think what I have in my stash to use yours as inspiration!!
(LOVE that sentiment hahaha)

Julie B said...

Three great Valentines card, all of which would be great for a masculine recipient. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Glittered Paws said...

How in the world did I miss this post ???? Love your masculine Valntines card - just came down to make my mister his card. No place to go today - so some Cinderalla chores and time in my room.