Wish List

Monday, February 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #205: Anything Goes or Polka Dots and/or Stripes...

 

It's time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create. It seems to me that the quality of the cards entered into the challenge keeps getting better and better. There are just so many beautiful and innovative cards entered that we have a very hard time choosing a winner!

This month's challenge option is Polka Dots and/or Stripes, so I have chosen to make a card with polka dots. This card was for my granddaughter's 16th birthday. I can't believe she is now old enough to drive!! She took her driver's test the day after her birthday and passed with flying colors.


I wanted the card to be a little extra special so I made a four-panel card. The lace was some self-adhesive paper lace that I had in my stash. I cut the 16 with my largest set of number dies.

When the first flap is opened this is what is revealed. I love the pink and black combination, and I hope my granddaughter liked it, too. She lives 1,000 miles away, so we are unable to celebrate with her in person.

The next two panels are shown above. I had fun placing the little die-cut flowers and buds on each page.

If you open the card completely, this is what it looks like. With four panels, it was a little bulky to mail, so some extra postage was required--but it was worth every penny!

I hope you've been inspired enough to create your own project and enter it into our challenge at Let's Craft and Create. The Design Team has posted their projects for the challenge, so be sure to take a look here. And don't forget, there is always a prize awarded to the winner.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is very pretty card. The front is pretty and it just keeps getting better as it is opened. I love pink and black together. That lacy trim is a pretty accent. I know your granddaughter will love having this special card.

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - and even though she is miles and miles away she will love it. Love the color combination.

Lynette said...

Oh Cheryl, what a beautiful, special card for your granddaughter!! I love the pink and black and grey and all the elements you used. I'd have a very hard time coming up with decorations for so many panels!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so lovely! I have the instructions for this card. I always intended to try one.. .Maye you gave me the push that I needed! smile

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my goodness Cheryl, that's a card she'll treasure forever! A real stunner!
And well done to her for passing her test - you have to be 17 in the UK before you can start driving (and car insurance for the young drivers is horrendous!)