Wish List

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day...

 I promise, these are the last Valentines I will share this year (even though there are still more that I have made).

This card was made using the "fractured" card technique. I have a die set that cuts different widths of stitched strips, so I decided to try using the 1/8" wide strips for this card. I liked the look of the narrower strips.

The hearts were also die-cut, backed with a pale pink, and one of them was popped up on a dimensional.

The cute little bee was stamped, colored with markers and die-cut. Those tiny yellow hearts were from a package of heart confetti that I had in my stash.

I printed the sentiment with my computer and popped it up on dimensionals.

This card is super simple. I die-cut the pretty heart. I backed the openings with double-sided tape and adhered the whole panel to a red cardstock panel. Then I sprinkled the heart openings with some red glitter. The exposed tape grabbed onto the glitter and all I had to do was burnish it in a bit with my finger.

The sentiment was heat-embossed and popped up on foam tape.

I love the simplicity of this Valentine. I only made three of these, but I plan to make lots more of them next year.


Here's the computer-generated sentiment I added to the inside.











This card was made with supplies from a card kit. I wasn't crazy about the outside designs, but I did like the fun addition to the inside.


Each card interior had a spiral with one end connected to the bottom and the other end to the top of the card. Once the spiral was glued in place, I was able to open the card and decorate it with hearts.

Whew! That concludes my 2024 Valentine posts. I hope you didn't grow too weary of looking at them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Darnell said...

I could never grow tired of your Valentines, Cheryl! What a wonderful place to come to for card design inspiration! You're a star! Happy ❤ Day! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Again, I love them all. And I so admire your creativity.

Lynne in NI said...

I've loved ALL of your Valentine's cards Cheryl! All so pretty and all so different... I envy how creative you are, I struggled to make just one hahaha!!