Wish List

Monday, February 26, 2024

Pretty butterflies...

 

I used a Spellbinder's curved border die to cut my two pieces of DSP.  The die adds a nice scalloped and stitched edge. 


I die-cut three lavendar butterflies that also had some stitched detail on them. 

I added a gem to each butterfly and lifted their wings with a bit of foam tape underneath each one.









A simple stamped sentiment on the inside finished my card.

I have found that die-cut butterflies help a card to sell quickly at the thrift store. People really seem to like them.

*****

Last Friday, we attended a "Pops" concert put on by the Edina High School Concert Band. My granddaughter Polly plays trombone in the band and performed a solo during the concert. She was also part of a couple of dance numbers. That girl definitely has some great moves!!

On Sunday afternoon we attended a performance of Cantus & the Canadian Brass (the tickets were a Christmas gift from my daughter). Both groups were so talented and put on an outstanding show. If you ever get the chance to see them, don't hesitate to go!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the separation of the scallop edges. I am always a sucker for butterflies and use them a lot too. Sound like you had a good dose of culture over the weekend.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww this is such a pretty card Cheryl, love your scallop border too! Your granddaughter sounds like a very talented young woman, and so brave to do a solo too!!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Glittered Paws said...

You had me with butterflies and then the scallop edging made for a beautiful card.
What a nice busy weekend. So much fun to go to grand daughters concert. Have a great week.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love butterflies! Love the design of this card.

Hugs and Blessings