Wish List

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Getting older is for the birds...

 Recently, I made a couple of cards that I thought would work nicely for both men and women. 

 

I stamped the birds, colored them using some colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits, and then cut them out with the coordinating dies. In looking at the photo, I should have gone around the edges with a black marker. The dies cut pretty close to the outline, but they still leave a tiny margin of white. Oh well, next time.

The gifts were cut using dies from a little set that is just gift boxes and bows in different shapes and sizes. It's very handy for cards like this!


All three items--bird, gift and sentiment--were popped up on dimensionals. 

The blue strip embellishment was created with a border punch and a scrap of blue cardstock. It was glued directly to the DSP.

I added three enamel dots to the first card and some Glossy Accents to the eyes of both birds.






I printed this sentiment with my computer and used it on the inside of both cards.

The customers at the thrift store seem to love buying humorous cards, but it's a little harder for me to come up with ideas for them. I guess  should make a few more of these, since they sold very quickly.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Agree with that--it's for the birds. Love those birds and their expressive eyes. I like humorous birthday cards too. We just have to laught at our age. I am going to copy that inside sentiment--it is hilarious.

Lynette said...

These are great, Cheryl!! I LOVE the sentiment you put in the inside!

Sure was nice to see you again yesterday.

Darnell said...

How fun, Cheryl!🤣 I love the crazy birds and love what you've done with them here with your colors and patterns and the oh-so-true-sediments, perfect for either gender! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Love the crazy birds - in fact I hae them and haven't used them for a long while. Love the package dies - works perfect for this card.