Wish List

Monday, July 15, 2024

Happy caterpillar card...

 

I'm always looking for ideas for children's birthday cards, and this is one I found on Pinterest. I happen to have a 1" circle punch, so I used it on a few scraps to make my circles for this card. The white background piece was embossed with a dotty embossing folder and then edged with gold cardstock before applying it to my card base.

Once I had my circles punched out, I inked around the edges with some green ink. Caterpillars are often green, aren't they?

I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the face and a butterfly body die to get the antennae.


The circles for the body were popped up with one layer of dimensionals. The head was popped up with two layers.







I stamped a sentiment on the inside to complete this card.

If this one sells quickly at the thrift store, I think I'll make a few more of them. It's so quick and easy--definitely fun to make.

Do you have a favorite child's card design to make? I'd love to know what it is.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is so darn cute. It is a great kid's card. I am going to CASE this for my stash for Send A Smile 4 Kidz. If I leave off the sentiment, they can use it for anything,

Lynette said...

What a great idea, and such a cute little face! I'm sure it will sell very quickly.

Glittered Paws said...

Perfect - this is absolutely too cute. And easy [peasy - and yes going to have to case this one for sure. These will go quickly at the thrift shop. you are so special to do that.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!