Wish List

Friday, July 12, 2024

Good friends are like stars...

 

I had these punch-out sentiment strips in my stash and wanted to finally use them. I created a card base that had a front that was 1" narrower than the back. I added the checked DSP to the front and a strip of navy blue cardstock (for some nice contrast) to the inside right edge.


I popped the sentiment strips up on dimensionals and then scattered some  punched stars around them.

As a final touch, I added some Stickles to the stars for a little sparkle.








I stamped a sentiment on the inside. In this photo you can see the strip of blue cardstock that is exposed when the card is closed.

Since I donate the majority of the cards I make to the thrift store, and they generally sell out every week, I often wonder if handmade cards encourage people to send more of them. I sure hope so!

Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.'

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love this card - and it says a lot. I have friends from grade school that I communicate with - not often but we still do.

JD/ Jill said...

Love this card! And the great sentiment!

designbydonna said...

Love this cheerful card and its sentiment.

Lynette said...

Doesn't it seem like we're always trying to use something up that's been around for a while??? :-) This is a great card and I'm glad you finally used up the strips - such a nice message.