Wish List

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Just a quick post with a masculine card...

My online crafty friend Donna Of Design by Donna has inspired me once again to enter the latest Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge.

Here's the challenge #763 sketch:


Here's my interpretation of the sketch:

I really needed to make more masculine cards, so I used the sketch to create this one.

The die-cut hat and the sentiment panel were both laying on my work desk, left over from Father's Day. I decided they would work just fine for a masculine birthday card, too. 

The hat looks a little strange in the photo because it is cut out of metallic gold CS that has a grainy sheen that doesn't photograph well. I inked the hat band through the die.

The sentiment and the hat were  both popped up on foam squares.

I cut the banners with some long banner dies I have, but don't use nearly enough.


On the inside I added a short gold banner and a couple of stamped sentiments.

I think this sketch was so perfect for a masculine card, which is why I wanted to share it here. I need a record of it so I don't forget to use it again!

I hope you had an awesome Independence Day. We had a lot of rain, but it did stop in time for some fireworks displays.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: