Wish List

Friday, July 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #209: Anything Goes or Add Buttons...

 

Happy summer, everyone! 

Today is the beginning of a new challenge at Let's Craft and Create. As always, you can enter under the "Anything Goes" umbrella, or you can choose to enter by adding one or more buttons, as I have done.

Here is my card:

I created a template for this cloche hat card 12 years ago, but I haven't made them in a very long time. If you'd like to see more cards like this one, check out this post.

For today's card, I chose some yellow cardstock for the base and a yellow with white polka dots for the exterior. I lightly inked around the edges of my hat and added a white cardstock hat band, cut with a stitched strip die. 

I also selected a button die and cut several layers for the flower-shaped yellow button. I layered them up to add some dimension. I like to use die-cut buttons, rather than actual buttons, because they don't create a "bump" in the envelope that may result in extra postage.


Here's a better look at that flower. I die-cut three layers of white petals so that it had lots of dimension.

I also added some white thread to the center of my button. I have a "thing" about putting thread in buttons before applying them to cards. I guess I just don't like to see a naked button. lol





I added a stamped sentiment on the inside that I thought was fun and fit the card design.

This card will fit in an A7 envelope.

Now it's your turn. I hope you'll check out all the inspiration from the Design Team at Let's Craft and Create

I look forward to seeing your creations and commenting on many of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Adorable. That hat is so cute. The flower is a gorgeous accent for that yellow polkaa dot.

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card - and I went back and looked at your 2012 post with the 4 season hats, love them. Good idea about the button - I try not to add bulk to my cards as well. Have a great weekend.

Lynette said...

I've never heard of a cloche hat, but I certainly recognize the style. What a great card! I love the colors and the button is great. Love the flower, too.