Wish List

Monday, July 29, 2024

A couple of get well cards...

 

These are both simple cards, made with some DSP and die-cuts. This one features a vase I had cut from a linen-like piece of cardstock and a die-cut sprig of leaves.


I inked around the edges of the vase before popping it up on dimensionals.

The sprig of leaves, and the single leaf, were glued directly to the DSP.

The sentiment had been laying on my desk. It was already several layers thick, so it didn't need any popping up.







This is the sentiment I stamped on the inside.

When I was finished with this card, I thought I should make one that would be a little more masculine. After all, guys get sick, too!

I felt the next card would fit this purpose.






This card has a little more out-doorsy feel to it with the cattails die-cut.


I popped the top of each cattail up with a thin strip of foam tape.

The stamped sentiment was cut with a really old Spellbinder's die. It has two parts, the frame and the insert. 

I thought it worked nicely for this card. I added some gold Nuvo Drops to each end of it.






For the inside I chose a stamped sentiment that I thought would be a bit more masculine, too.











I went out to our flower garden on Saturday and picked a few blooms to bring inside. It's so hot out right now that we don't spend much time out there, and I like to enjoy the flowers when I can. My DH took a photo of them on our dining room table, so I thought I'd share his picture here.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

a bouquet-whether ferns or cattails-is sure to cheer a sick person. Those cattails are great for a masculine card. Does that saay something about men? They like weeds? LOL! Your garden flowers are so pretty. And so fragrant with those stargazer lilies. One I like to look at but am allergic to the scent.

Lynette said...

Beautiful flowers, and wonderful cards. I especially like the cattails.

Glittered Paws said...

LOVE the- cattails card - so great for a masculine card. And beautiful flowers from your garden - perfect on the dining room table.