Wish List

Monday, July 22, 2024

It's time to PARRRRTAY!...

 

Not long ago I purchased a die and stencil set for party hats. Since I love to stencil and I love to die cut, it was perfect for me! The stencils include different designs for the party hats and the dies feature different edge fringes and pom poms.


The hats are quite large so two of them pretty much fill up an A2 card front.

I plan to make some slimline cards in the future so I can use at least three party hats on a single card.

Glitter cardstock works great for the fringes and pom poms. There are several different dies to choose from and they can be layered up for lots of dimension.

I glued the blue/white party hat directly to my card front and popped the white/silver one up on dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card front.


I stamped two different sentiments on the inside. The top sentiment was an open font, so I colored it in with a yellow colored pencil to tie into the yellow card base.

I plan to use this die and stencil set again in the near future and maybe use some more dramatic colors. I think magenta and black would be eye-catching, don't you?

I also want to try die-cutting some hats from patterned paper, rather than stenciling them. It would be a great way to use up some of my unending pile of scraps.

 This weekend, my grandson became the Minnesota State Champion in the 200 backstroke at the Long Course Senior State Meet in Rochester. He will only be a Junior in High School this coming year and already has college swim coaches calling him from across the country. It's so exciting to watch him swim!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I like the party hats. Congratulations to Patrick!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh which one first - love the die and stencils for the party hats, I think you will get a lot of use out of these. I think a slimcard with hats would look great too.
Congrats grandma on your grandson - what a great accomplishment. Proud proud.

Lynette said...

Wonderful party hats, Cheryl!! And huge congrats to your grandson - how exciting!!!

designbydonna said...

Cute party hats. So fun to use the glitter paper borders. Using printed paper is a great idea too. Congrats to your grandson. Maybe we will see him in the Olympics sone day.