Wish List

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Happy Anniversary...

 

I was in need of a few anniversary cards to donate to the thrift store so I came up with this design.

I wanted to use this pretty paper that included shades of purple, yellow, blue and teal. I chose a coordinating solid cardstock to pair with it.

I created a card base by cutting 1" off the righthand side of the A2 card front. Then I added a piece of the pretty DSP that was 3" X 5 1/4". On the inside of the card, I added a strip of a solid cardstock that was 1" X 5 1/4".

Finally I added a shaped die-cut on which I had adhered my stamped sentiment (also die-cut) and a few gold flat-backed pearls. I placed the sentiment shape at the visual center of the A2 card, which meant it hung over the card front just a bit.


This card was made exactly the same way, using different papers, of course.


This is the sentiment I stamped for each card on a white piece of cardstock that measured 3" X 5 1/4". I adhered it on the inside, butted up to the 1" strip of solid color cardstock. You could stamp directly onto the card base, but I prefer to add the white cardstock. I feel it gives the inside of the card a more finished look.

This card design is great for using patterned papers from a 6" X 6" pad. Since you only need a 3" wide piece for the front, you can make two cards with only one sheet. I hope you'll give it a try!

*****

We had our T'ai Chi class yesterday. I think we're finally getting the hang of it and able to anticipate quite a few of the moves. My DH and I are still pretty clumsy, though, compared to those who have been taking T'ai Chi for years. 

When I was looking at some videos on line to help me learn the forms, I realized there was often an apostrophe in T'ai, and I wondered why.  I looked that up and found that the apostrophe was used in the Wade-Giles system of transliteration for Mandarin Chinese. Then I had to look up what they meant by the "Wade-Giles system of transliteration for Mandarin Chinese." Oh, boy, I think I just fell down a rabbit hole!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

Lynette said...

These are both very pretty, Cheryl, and a great way to use some beautiful papers! I just got some more over the weekend, so I have more to use up!! It will NEVER happen. LOL! That's cool that you are getting better at Tai Chi.

Glittered Paws said...

Both are very pretty - love the papers. I am "trying" not to buy more pattern paper - key word "try". They will sell quickly at the thrift shop. Hmmm Tai Chi - you know where I would be --- on the floor.

designbydonna said...

Both beautiful cards. The purple paper is my favorite. I like that offset opening. It gives a lot of extra interest. I need to use that more. I am more into chi tea than Tai Chi.