Wish List

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Sweet teddy bear baby cards...

 

I wanted to make a couple of baby cards to donate, so I downloaded a free teddy bear image and cut it out with a stitched circle die.

For this first card, I matted the image with a slightly larger navy blue circle. I also cut off a narrow section of the card front. I think it was 3/4". I added some blue striped paper to my card front and a 1" strip of navy blue polka dot DSP to the inside.

The sentiment was stamped onto a die-cut shape and popped up on dimensionals.


I decided to add some of the striped paper to the inside, too, and then used another shaped die-cut for the sentiment.

The striped paper is light enough to write a note or sign a name.







This card was a little trickier to make. I figured out where my card center would be, and then I used partial die-cutting to cut half the circle from the front flap of the card. 

I added the little strips (at the top on each side of the circle and across the bottom) of a darker cardstock for a little added decoration.

And once again the image was matted with the darker cardstock before it was adhered to the card.


When this top-folding card is opened, this is what you see on the inside.

I thought it was cute, but it really took too much time for me to make more of them. I fussed around with the DSP for the card front for ages! It was hard to get it to fit just right around the half-circle opening.

*****

We celebrated my DH's birthday tonight by having family over for some Dairy Queen ice cream cake. That stuff is seriously good on a warm summer day!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

The sleeping bear is so sweet - perfect for a baby card. The "older" I get the more I tend to stay away from cards that really require a lot of thinking and measuring. Love DQ Ice Cream cake.

Lynette said...

What a super-sweet image!! And I love both the cards you made with it. Very cool second card. I really like it, and am almost tempted by the challenge to make one. LOL!

JD/ Jill said...

These cards are so sweet! Very nicely done!

designbydonna said...

Sweet bear image. Perfect for baby cards. I really love that bottom one