Wish List

Monday, July 1, 2024

Classy masculine cards...

 

Those of you who have followed my blog know that I struggle with masculine cards. 

Well, a short time ago, I pulled out some black DSP that had a silver stitch line running all over it. The stitch line is made with shiny silver thread sewn onto the card. It's really beautiful paper (I think it's handmade). I don't know when or from whom I got it, but it's been languishing in my stash for years.

I pulled it out and thought, "Why not make some masculine cards with it?" 

I decided to make two slimline cards so that I could feature as much of the stitched paper as possible.


I have a very retro-looking "Happy Birthday" die that I felt was just right for masculine cards. I cut it out of some silver holographic cradstock. It's really eye-catching IRL.

The silver dots on each side added a little more pizzaz to a very simple card.








This is the stamped sentiment I added to the inside.

So, what do you think? Would a man like this card?

They were both donated to the thrift store, so we will see if they sell.

I am trying to make more masculine cards these days, so hopefully I'll have more to share with you in the future.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Yes, any man would like these cards. I'm pretty sure men like shiny things too. These are great. That is very unique paper. Love that inside sentiment.