Wish List

Monday, April 1, 2024

Two tulip cards...

I love tulips, don't you? The ones in our yard are peeking out of the ground, wondering if it's safe yet to start forming their pretty heads. The weather is always unpredictable during a Minnesota Spring, so I don't dare encourage them.

I got a new tulip die set a short time ago and decided to have a little play with it.

These layering dies are a very nice size. As you can see, they fill up a good portion of an A2 card front.


I cut the pieces out of colored cardstock, but then did some shading with ink and a finger dauber to add a bit of dimension before assembling them.

I popped the largest flower head up on foam squares and added a gingham bow.

The dots on the sentiment oval were made with Nuvo Drops. 












I added some of the DSP to the inside above a sentiment that had been printed with my computer.

There was one more tulip in the set, so I decided to use it on another card. This time I did a bit of a fancy fold and used some coordinating designer papers.


After inking and assembling the flower, I added it to my card front. I also added some Wink of Stella to the flower head to coordinate with the little bit of glitter in the striped DSP.

The strip sentiment was one I had laying on my desk, so I decided to use it.













On the inside I usesd the same die-cut panel that I had used on the front and placed it directly behind the front one so that you wouldn't see it when the card was closed.

Finally, after stamping my sentiment, I used a marker to color in the word "wonderful."

*****

We had a lovely Easter weekend, and I hope you did, too. We had our local family members here for brunch on Saturday, then attended church (I had to usher) on Sunday. Later in the afternoon we took Mickey to a dog park. He's loves going and playing with the other dogs, and it's fun for Gary and I to talk to the other dog owners.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love tulips too and yours are very pretty. I think the shading helps a lot. I've seen them a few places here but mine are only green stems so far. We don't have many. The squirrels dig up and eat the bulbs and the rabbits eat the blooms of the ones that do make it. Love that yellow polka dot design. I'll give that a try..

Glittered Paws said...

Love your new tulip dies - you will get a lot of use out of those. There is a Shirley tulip - that I wish I had bulbs for but just have never looked.
Sounds like you had a nice Easter. I went to sunrise service with Patti and her husband at Fredericktown lake and it was such a beautiful sight.

JD/ Jill said...

These are lovely spring flowers (my favorite time of the year) I love watching them pop up out of the ground!

Lynette said...

Very pretty tulips and great cards!