Wish List

Monday, April 15, 2024

Chirpy-doodle card...

Back in March, I was inspired by Vicki of Heartwarmers from Vicki to make a chirpy-doodle card, but it took me a few weeks to actually get it done! There are quite a number of videos on YouTube explaining how to make the chirpy-doodle bird, if you just search for "chirpy-doodle card."

I used the bookbinder layout for my card and adhered my vertical sentiment to the "binding."


Looking at my bird in the photos, I realize I did not add any tail feathers using a little heart shape. Oh well. This one has already sold at the thrift shop, so I'll do that next time.

The "grass" was die-cut using a die from the Dollar Store, and the flower was cut with one of my oldest Cuttlebug dies.




I added a smaller bird--again, no tail feathers--on the inside, along with a stamped sentiment.

I put the sentiment at the top to leave plenty of room for a personal note. I think we all tend to write more in thank you cards than in other types of cards.

I am still caring for my daughter's dogs until tomorrow.. Luckily, they live close enough to us where I can sneak home after the dogs are fed and write a blog post. lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I have been wanting to make one of these chirpy birds for a while - they are so cute - love the polka dots on yours and didn't even notice no tail feather. No wonder it sold quickly at the thrift store.

Lynette said...

Wonderful chirpy-doodle card - so cute!

designbydonna said...

That bird is just adorable. Makes a fun card. I am going to check out how to do that. Thanks for the inspiration.

JD/ Jill said...

They did this as a challenge at Split Coast stampers a few weeks ago.
I tried it! But mine was a failure!!!
Yours's is so cute.

I guess I may try it again.


This reminds me of the name my husband gave to our new neighbors dog.
We had two dogs next to us with the former neighbors but they didn't bark that much.
One of the new dogs next to us is a little dog (that barks very loud for a small dog) She yaps all the time at anything and everything. My husband calls the dog...Yappy doodle! I just hope the neighbors don't hear him call her that. smile

Patti J said...

This is so much fun! Shirley and I will have to get together and see what we can create! Your card is adorable! Thanks for always inspiring me! Yo know, we have 3 dollar general stores, 2 dollar tree stores, and a 5 below in our town, but I’ve never seen a die in any of them! Hugs, dear friend!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, I just saw your chirpy doodle card. It turned out great! I noticed you linked to me. Thank you!