Wish List

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Mother's Day cards...

 

I started making Mother's Day cards a couple of weeks ago. Since my mother passed away long ago (1992), I've been donating them to the thrift store. They sell quickly there, so I guess there is a need for them.


This is a top-fold card, and I used a border die to create the scalloped bottom edge. Because I used a white card base, I added a piece of lilac cardstock on the inside so that it would coordinate with the DSP on the front.


This one is also a top-fold card. I used the same DSP, dark purple ribbon and sentiment as I had on the first one. I also added sine lilac cardstock to the inside.


Here's a peek at the inside of the second card. Even though the white sentiment panel is fairly small, there is still plenty of room to write a brief greeting and to sign it.





Here are two more cards I made using the Spirelli technique to add metallic thread to the shell shapes.


The pretty fan shells started out as scalloped circles. Then I followed directions on how much to cut off of each circle to create the shell shape. I added a pretty, sparkly sticker to the center before adding metallic string. Here is a brief tutorial on simple Spirelli string art.

I cut the top of my DSP with a large scallped edge die and inked the edge a bit to resemble water.

The letters for "MOM" were cut three times and stacked for dimension before gluing them to my card.  The strip sentiment was stamped and popped up on foam tape.


This card was made the same way, except for the  way I embellished it. Instead of adding a few scattered gems, I added a row of purple Nuvo Drops to the left of "MOM."


Here's a closer look at the Spirelli fan shells. It is clearer in this photo that the metallic string I used was purple. You can also see some of the sparkle in the stickers.





Both of these cards had a simple, stamped sentiment on the inside.

I will have more Mother's Day cards to share with you in future posts, as I really enjoy making them. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all beautiful. Love that lacy scalloped border. Those shells are spectacular.. These are going to sell really fast at the thrift store.

Lynette said...

These are all wonderful, Cheryl!! I love them all. Funny you did Spirelli. I've been thinking about doing some of that again.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Mothers Day cards - I really like the second one. My mom died at the age of 52 so she has been gone 49 years. Much to young but she had a cerebral aneurysm. Waynes mom died 4 years ago at the age of 100. Miss them no matter what age. I'm sure they have sold quickly at the thrift store.