Wish List

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Another Spirelli card...


To create this card, I first added a panel of DSP to the card base. Then I die-cut a scalloped panel, which was popped up with dimensionals.

The sweet little dress started out as a scalloped circle. I cut part of the circle away on each side to form the body of the dress. 



Next, I added the metallic teal-colored thread in the manner you see in the photo, taping it to the back of the dress to secure it. 

I had some narrow teal ribbon with silver edging that worked perfectly for the bow at the waist and the straps.







On the inside, I stamped two sentiments. I thought they went well together. I've been doing more of this lately. I think it can personalize the card a bit more if I can find the right combination of sentiments.

*****

I am happy to report that I made it through my four-day dog-sitting stint. Along with my daighter's four dogs, there was also a foster dog that I cared for. He was a nice little pup, but still a pup who demanded quite a bit of attention. I was pleased, when on Sunday he was adopted by a family that had been interested in him and had been approved by the rescue agency.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl 

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

That dress is just gorgeous. It looks like it takes a lot of time. So pretty for a girly card.

JD/ Jill said...

This card is so cute!

Spinelli! boy that's a technique that I have not tried in a long time!

You may have inspired me to give it a try again. (maybe! smile)

Lynette said...

What a great card! I'm so glad you did spirelli again - I already forgot about it! LOL. I'll have to write a reminder. Glad you survived the dog-sitting.

Darnell said...

My goodness, Cheryl, I have to first apologize for being so absent! I can't believe how productive you've been and all the fantastic designs you've made since I was here last! This one, in particular, is just as darling as it can be! Good job sitting that many dogs and one of them a puppy!! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Yikes! So am I adding correctly? You had 7 dogs? For 4 days? You. Are. AMAZING! I’m in CO running after 3 grandkids, and I’m wiped out! You’re my she-ro!

Your card is beautiful! Love the teal, and I can’t believe the dress was a circle! Well done! Love it!