Wish List

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

One image, two ways...

 

This is another AI image that I downloaded from one of the sites I linked to in my previous post. I love pansies, and couldn't resist trying to make a couple of cards with it.

For this first card, I cut the image three times with three different square dies. After I had cut out the three squaares, I matted them with some purple cardstock. I also die-cut the sentiment three times, stacking it for some extra dimension.


I popped up each of the squares with some thinner foam tape, so as not to give it too much height. I just had to make sure I lined the squares up so that the image was accurately revealed.







Once again, I combined a couple of sentiment stamps for my greeting on the inside of this card. 









I decided to make this second card a little simpler. I cut the image out with a shaped die, inked the edges and popped it up on foam tape. The sentiment was stamped, cut out with a die, and also popped up with foam tape.


For the white panel backgrounds on both cards, I used a pinpoint background die. I really love pinpoint dies; they add a subtle design element, as well as some nice texture.








I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside of this card, using the same purple ink that I had used for the sentiment on the front of the card.

I really appreciate having access to AI images to make some quick, but pretty, cards. They help me to maintain my current pace of making about 20 cards per week.

Thanks so much for topping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

More beautiful floral images. I really like the way you did the 3 layered one.

Jeanne H said...

Thanks for a reminder of the technique used in your second card. Somewhere I have a totorial. Love all the purple.

Lynette said...

More beauty! These cards are great, and that's fantastic that you make so many cards each week. I'm lucky if I can make a couple, it seems. I do have some for you, though, so we'll have to try to schedule something soon.

Lynne in NI said...

Such a pretty image Cheryl and you've used it beautifully!
20 cards a week, WOW - I'm lucky if I manage one LOL