Wish List

Friday, April 19, 2024

I'm thankful for my scraps...

 

I recently watched Lori Heiling's video here, and I just had to try the cards she made. If you want to watch only the cardmaking part of the video, start at the 6:40 mark.

I pulled out a couple of card bases that I had on hand and a selection of DSP scraps, which I cut to 1 1/2" x 4 1/2". Then I cut each strip at a diagonal as shown in Lori's video. 

Finally, I cut two 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" rectangles out of plain printer paper. I planned to adhere my finished panels directly to cardstock with double-sided tape (no dimensionals), so I didn't need them to be particularly strong.

When I was done gluing down my strips, I used a different decorative rectangle die to cut out each panel. Then I adhered each of these panels to a white mat before gluing those to my card bases.

I tried cutting my "thanks" out of a coordinating color with a white mat, but I didn't like it. I think the black really pops against the colorful background. This was also glued directly to the front panel. I wanted to keep these cards nice and flat for easy mailing.


On the inside of each card, I stamped a sentiment and three little red hearts.

These cards were so much fun to make. I definitely need to make a few more panels to have on hand for when I need a quick card. It's a fantastic way to use up those scraps!





My tulips have begun to bloom, and I'm really looking forward to having a little bouquet that I can bring into the house. I am watching them closely, as the bazillions of rabbits in our neighborhood are eyeing them, too. They love to eat the flower heads off!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great design for using those scraps. I sure do have plenty of them. I could make a lot of cards. I like the uneven border die too. I am going to give this a try today.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are fabulous cards and I love the deckled edges like strips of material. Great design and use of leftover pieces of paper Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

Love this technique - when I get my Cinderella chores done I am going to go to my room and watch the video. Or maybe do the chores after. This is a great way to use scraps and then cut out with the decorative die - perfect.
I have day lilies that are up - not yet flowered - but with Buddy dog no rabbits in our yard and the squirrels can run faster than Buddy. We did plant out tomatoes this week - now a cold snap has hit so hope they make it.

JD/ Jill said...

My scraps are just sitting in a box on my desk. I think I should look in that box more often. You have inspired me to give it a try. You did a great job using them!