Wish List

Monday, April 8, 2024

Requested masculine card...

One of the employees at the thrift store where I volunteer asked me to make an Army-themed birthday card for his son, so this is what I came up with.

I found a free camouflage print online and printed out a half sheet of it. I cut it to fit my card front and adhered it with a stitched strip on the left and right. I thought these strips added a tailored look to it.

Then, I also found an image of military dogtag shapes. I printed them on mat silver cardstock with a sentiment on each one.

I added them to my card front with silver string and foam squares.


I thought the dogtags were a little large, but I decided not to resize and reprint them. I think it's ok to take a few liberties when making cards.





The inside held this nice pop-up surprise, which I cut with my Silhouette. I kept the colors in line with the colors on the front of the card. I thought the stars were another nice military touch.

The card was very well received. In fact the person for whom I made it said he loved it. I hope his son loves it, too.

My tulips have finally begun growing like gangbusters. It won't be long before the flower heads appear. Now if we can just keep the bunnies away from them!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Super guy card. Those dog tags are perfect for a service man. The inside is a spectacular surprise when opened.I'm sure it will be a hit

Lynette said...

What an amazing card, Cheryl! That customer was sure lucky, as was his son. Such a cool Silhouette cutting, too!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh wow - how creative - love the dog tags and the inside is awesome. I am sure you made your birthday man happy. Tulips are coming up here as well.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is truly a real WOW card!