Wish List

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Birthday card for my son...

 My son's birthday was earlier this month, and this is the card I made for him.

He is the Superintendent of the Washington State School for the Blind and wears a suit or sports jacket most days. He is also currently working on his doctorate at Washington State University, so he's a busy guy. He's always been a pretty natty dresser, and I thought this card would suit him and his lifestyle well.

I got the idea for this card from this video by France Martin. I often check out her blog, Frenchie Stamps, to see what fun ideas she happens to be sharing.


I used an argyle embossing folder to add texture to the sweater. I also did some inking around the edges of the lapels and pockets of the jacket to add some dimension. There is a tiny little foam square under each lapel, too.

The little buttons are enamel dots.



I came up with the sentiment on the inside and used my computer to print it out. I always like personalizing my cards when I can.

Masculine cards are still a struggle for me. After all these years of cardmaking, they shouldn't be so hard...but they are! Do you have a favorite masculine card that you have made? If you do, I'd love a link to your blog or Facebook site where I could see it.

Here are a couple more masculine cards I have made that I still really like:

Happy Beerthday

You're only young once

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is a great masculine card. And so perfect for your son. You must be so proud of him. He will love the personalized card.

Anonymous said...

Great card!

Lynette said...

What a great card for your son! Sounds like you have good reason to be proud of him. :-)

Patti J said...

Wow! What an awesome card! Bet he loved it! Glad he likes to dress up - gotta love a handsome guy in a suit, right? Great card! Thanks for sharing!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a clever idea for a card! I'm sure your son loved it! I watch France's blog now and then too. She's fun to watch!

Carol O'Connor said...

Awesome card! How did our sons get so old and responsible? ;-)

Glittered Paws said...

LOVE this what a great card for a young man that likes to dress up. My hubby is dressed up with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. LOL I bet he loved this card.