Wish List

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

They say you're only young once...

 

I just love this image. His name is Gus, and he's from Bugaboo Stamps. It's a digital stamp, so I printed him on white cardstock and then cut him out with a dotted border rectangle die. He's been colored with ProMarkers, and I added some Glossy Accents to his glasses.

I adhered navy blue layers of cardstock under the image and under the pale blue dotty DSP for added dimension.


The sentiments on the front and the inside are from a couple of old wood-mounted stamps that I purchased at the thrift store. I like them a lot and have used them several times. I think they work perfectly with this image.

I heat-embossed both sentiments with white EP and used double-sided foam tape to pop up the one on the front. Just for fun, I placed it at a "jaunty" angle.






As you can see in the photo at right, I added the second heat-embossed sentiment on the inside. I like this look, and plan to use it on lots of cards in the future.

It's so nice to not worry about stamping straight when adding a sentiment strip. I only have to make sure I apply the strip straight, which isn't hard if I use my t-square.

This is another card that I donated to the thrift shop. It sold right away. I think people love humorous handmade cards--especially for guys!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh-- a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love it. You are right about the humorous cards. At our age it is best to laugh it off. I think I will go see if that is still available at Bubaboo Stamps. I am looking for some humorous man cards. I have used your card from several years ago about briefs or boxers. Love your coloring.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This card brought a little giggle from me as soon as I saw the first picture. Really a fun one!

Patti J said...

Ha ha ha! It was GOOD! Lol…what a fun card! Thanks for my nighttime giggles! Love this ❤️❤️❤️

Lynette said...

I love it, Cheryl! Both the image and the sentiment. Very cool. I'll have to TRY to remember that one. Great job of coloring.

Glittered Paws said...

This little old guy is a hoot. What a fun card and I can see why it sold quickly at the thrift store. Guy cards especially funny ones are a challenge.

Lynne in NI said...

Hahaha love it!