Wish List

Friday, October 8, 2021

I've made a few Christmas cards...


 This is a prototype of a Christmas card that I made recently. I used a dotted snowflake background die for the white panel and some silver mirror cardstock for the snowflake and sentiment.


I believe my snowflake is a Sizzix die. It's so delicate and pretty. The photo really doesn't show how lovely it is.

I plan to cut some of the snowflakes (and the accompanying sentiments) out of holographic cardstock, too, for a little different look when I make more cards like this.












My inside sentiment was stamped with Versamark and  heat-embossed with silver embossing powder. I punched three little snowflakes to add around it. Not sure they look all that great. I think I'll use a stamp next time and heat emboss a few snowflakes.













I also made the same card using a white card base. Which do you like better? I'm a little partial to the white, but I think the navy blue card base works well, too. 

When I come up with a card design I like, I usually make at least 10 of them. This one will be no exception.

We've been looking at homes for sale lately. If we could find one that met our needs, had room for a relative to live with us, if need be, and was the right price, we'd buy it and move.  A TALL order!  

Also, we're looking in only one small area of St. Paul, MN, because that is where my husband would really like to live, so that definitely limits the selection of homes available. Who knows--it may or may not ever happen. In the meantime, we are hoping to have some work done on the house we've lived in for the last 20+ years and are meeting with a contractor later this month. I have to admit, I get a headache just thinking about all the work involved in both scenarios--rehabbing our current home or moving into a new one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love that snowflake, and the white on white card is exquisite! Well done, as always!

designbydonna said...

That snowflake is so pretty. The dotted background showcases the snowflake really well. I like the blue background but I too am partial to the white. The white just makes the blue snowflake pop. Wish you good luck on whatever decision you make about the house. We've lived in ours 40+ years and would dread the work in moving.

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - the snowflake is so pretty, it just pops on the blue background.
I often think about looking around - we have 5 acres mostly woods but still a lot of work and I would love a house or villa or one level. My knees hate steps. But hubby loves working outside.

Lynette said...

Both are very pretty, Cheryl, but I'm always a fan of white on white. Good luck with your housing decisions! I love our house, but we're too close to a busy road - too noisy. I would love to move, also, but it would have to be to a house just like this one somewhere else! LOL! I don't think that's going to happen. We'll just have to live with the noise.