Wish List

Friday, October 1, 2021

Pretty cardstock, two cards...

 I had some pretty patterned cardstock in my stash, and since it was a nice heavy quality, I decided to make a couple of card bases with it.

My first card was a simple "Happy Birthday" card. I die-cut a fancy rectangle and carefully adhered my die-cut sentiment with some glue.


I wanted a little glittery sparkle, so I added some Nuvo Drops and sprinkled them with white glitter while they were still wet. I think I lost control and went a little crazy, though. I should have stopped at three! 






I added a simple stamped sentiment on the inside.







This is the second card I made with the pretty cardstock. This time I die-cut a flower out of white cardstock and then inked the edges of the petals with gold metallic ink to make them look a bit like the ones in the cardstock pattern. I added some deep yellow Nuvo drops to my flower center and a few white sequins to my framed rectangle.


Another stamped sentiment on the inside finished off my card.














As I walked into the thrift store today for my volunteer shift, I was stopped by a lady who asked if my name was Sherry. I said, no that wasn't quite right; my name was Cheryl. Then she asked, "Do you make the cards?" I told her yes, at the moment, I am the one making the cards. She proceeded to tell me how much she loved them and that she had purchased several. She was anxious to see what cards I had brought in today (I only had nine new ones as that is all I was able to make this week). It was so sweet of her to take the time and effort to let me know how much she liked the cards. It gives me renewed energy to continue making them!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous card stock. It is a beautiful setting for the lacy label and big sentiment. I like the long distance hug sentiment. It is really nice to know how much someone appreciates your cards. As many as you sell in the thrift shop, they bring cheer to a lot of people.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both cards really are very pretty! I love the fancy die cut rectangle with the sentiment on the first one and the die cut flower on the second one is really special the way you inked the edges! Great sentiments on both!

Lynette said...

Both of these are so pretty, Cheryl - beautiful paper. I love the "old friends" sentiment. "-) How nice of the customer to thank you for making the cards. It's always so nice to be appreciated.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl, that paper is sooo pretty!
Awww bet that was lovely to get such nice positive feedback from your customer - by the way 9 cards a week is a fabulous achievement, I think I'm doing well if I get 2 or 3 on a good week!

Glittered Paws said...

Love both cards - these must bring a smile to everyone that buys them. And how sweet for the customer to thank you - doesn't it make you feel good

Darnell said...

Well done using that beautiful heavy pp as your card bases and topping them so beautifully, Cheryl! Inspiring and pretty! And I'm so happy for you to get the recognition you deserve about your cards from one of the customers. It is amazing how a quiet thank you can carry us happily for months! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

You are so generous, to donate so many cards! I know that they bring smiles to both the purchaser, and the recipient! Beautiful cards, Cheryl, and what a nice story!