Wish List

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Stormy skies...

 

I saw a Halloween card onlne that had heavy gray clouds with a bit of pink in them, and I thought they looked so cool. I just had to try it myself, so this is what I came up with. 


I first created my clouds using some Black Soot Distress Ink and a little Picked Raspberry Oxide Distress Ink with a cloud stencil.

Once that was done, I stamped my focal image and a couple of bats with Black Versafine ink.

Finally, I added a few holographic stars and a stamped sentiment, cut out with a banner die.

My panel was matted with purplish-pink cardstock and adhered to a black card base.




On the inside of my card, I stamped a sentiment, added three more holographic stars and adhered a die-cut "Happy Halloween."















I had so much fun creating the clouds that I decided to make another card using the same colors. I have a new alpha set of dies that cuts letters with a woodgrain pattern in them. That is what I used for this card. If you enlarge the picture, I think you can see the woodgrain pattern. 



The little ghosts and bats are from older die sets that I've used many times before.


















A couple of stamped sentiments finished off the inside of this card.

I am finally finishing up my Halloween cards. I'll be sharing some more of them in future posts. I've made quite a few for the thrift store, and they seem to be selling well. I have estimated that I have made 750-800 cards for the thrift store since the pandemic began. My crafty friend Lynette has donated more than 300 cards, too, (THANK YOU, Lynette!) so together, we've managed to make well over 1,000 cards for them. I know they appreciate the cards, because they have told me so several times.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what awesome pink/gray clouds - I just might have to try this. I love my cloud stencil. I really like both of these cards, they are very different so can't pick my favorite. But great job on a couple of Halloween cards.

designbydonna said...

Your sky looks like a real storm brewing. Love that touch of pink. The witch is adorable. Sentiment inside and out are great. The pink sparkle paper was a good choice to bring out the pink in the clouds. All in all 2 fab boo lous cards.

Lynette said...

Your clouds turned out so wonderful, Cheryl! And your cards are great, too. That is a TON of cards that you have made and donated! You are very welcome for mine. It's nice to have a place for them to go instead of sitting in my cupboard.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You really created a wonderful sky with those two inks! And that witch is too cute to be a "real" witch. I really like both of those cards.

The number of cards that you and Lynette have donated to the thrift store is such a great gift! Good for both of you!

Jeanne H said...

Great colors on these cards. I make 3 Halloween cards, two for girls, so thanks for the inspiration.

R's Rue said...

Love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Lynne in NI said...

Cool Halloween cards Cheryl, those clouds look amazing! I love to make Halloween cards but unfortunately it's not really a thing over here.. We've imported the trick-or-treating, dressing up and the pumpkins but not as yet the cards!!
That is an AMAZING amount of money you (and you friend) have raised through your card making! Well done to you both XXX

Patti J said...

Wow! Great clouds…great cards! Kudos to you and Lynette! I donate to a Veterans home. Feels good to be doing something helpful with my cards! Thanks for sharing!

Darnell said...

Wow, Linda, your witch (with awesome sediment!) is my fav Halloween card of 2021! I love the sky on both!!! A big high five to you for all the cards you donate to the thrift store and to Lynette, too, for her wonderful contributions! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love, love these cards. Those clouds look amazing and the pink in the clouds is so perfect too! That's a fabulous witch stamp. Wow, that's an incredible amount of cards that you and your friend have donated, well done both of you.Michelle x