Wish List

Friday, October 22, 2021

Quick Halloween cards...

Because I make so many Halloween cards for family, friends and the thrift store, I need some quick-to-make ideas and supplies. Last year, after Halloween, I picked up a couple packages of felt stickers that had been greatly reduced in price. One of the packages contained some colorful jack-o-lanterns, which I have used to make the cards in today's post. All of these cards have been donated to the thrift store where they have already been sold.

I made two mini-slimline cards, with finished dimensions of 3" X 6". I also made envelopes to match. The "Happy Halloween" at the bottom of each is a die-cut.


I thought these felt pumpkins were so much fun. They're not the least bit scary, so these cards could even be given to very small children.


I used an old Stampin' Up stamp to create the black dots.




On the inside, I used my computer to create a sentiment, adding some clipart of another pumpkin.









I made some A2 cards, as well, adding some holographic stars to my dotted background. The "Boo!" is also a die-cut.


I added another computer-generated sentiment to the inside of this card.









Finally, I made another slimline card with the last two pumpkins and the letter B, which was cut several times and layered so as to give it a bit more dimension.

To add a little character to the pumpkins, I adhered some googly eyes over the painted-on eyes. I think they look pretty cute!


This card has a stamped sentiment on the inside. 







When I arrived at the thrift store for my volunteer shift yesterday, the manager said, "Cheryl, I have a note for you." I couldn't imagine why I was receiving a note. 

The first words of the note said, "Dear Card Designer, I would appreciate it if you would be willing to create a birthday card for my son..."

I was very surprised. Of course I will make the lady a card. She said she would be willing to pay the store a "special design price" for the card. She gave me a few specifics and some wording she would like included, so I will begin to work on it for her tomorrow. It should be fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Lynette said...

Your Halloween cards are so cute, Cheryl! Love the little pumpkins. How cool that you were asked to create a special card for that customer. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Patti J said...

You are so kind, and generous! These are all great, love the little felt stickers - great job! Can’t wait to see the birthday card!

designbydonna said...

These little pumpkins are the cutest. They kind of look like decorated sugar cookies. I especially like the BOO card. Googly eyes get me every time. You have built quite a reputation at the thrift store. I haven't had much luck selling Halloween cards at the co-op.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the BOO card the best but the little felt pumpkins are too cute and sounds like you got them at a bargain. So glad you help the thrift store, I know they appreciate al your help.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These cards are so cute and colourful, what a joy to receive. That's a really lovely compliment from a customer at the store about your cards. You do make beautiful cards Cheryl and it's lovely to see your creativeness appreciated Michelle x