Wish List

Friday, October 15, 2021

Happy 17th birthday...

 Our grandson Sebastian turned 17 years old this month. He has received his card, so I can now share it here with you.

For me, it is particularly difficult to come up with ideas for cards for teenage boys. This is a pretty basic card that includes a shaker element that adds a bit of fun. 


I had a sheet of this bicycle-patterned paper in my stash and thought it would be perfect for Sebastian--he loves to ride bike. He lives in Heidelberg, Germany, and bikes nearly everywhere he wants to go.

The shaker frame was die-cut from blue CS and the numbers from glitter CS. I accented my card with a yellow Happy Birthday and yellow CS at the back of my shaker, along with some yellow and blue sequins.


On the inside I added a computer-generated sentiment.

I know there are some cardmakers out there who say that masculine cards are their favorites to make. I wish I was one of them!

There is a definite chill in the air--so good for sleeping at night. Tonight we are going to a football game to watch our granddaughter participate in the marching band performance at halftime. She plays the trombone and really enjoys it. I love a good marching band, so I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you do a great job with masculine cards. This is perfect for your grandson who loves biking. I like blue and yellow together. Adding the shaker element and glitter numbers make it so fun. I am sure he liked it, especially as it came from your heart and hands. I thought my grandchildren lived a long way in Texas, but Germany, wow. Do you get to visit often?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is a wonderful, personalized card for your grandson!

Patti J said...

Have been to Heidelberg…beautiful country! Our daughter & family lived in Wiesbaden and Hoenfels for about 4 years. We loved visiting there. Happy belated birthday to Sebastian! Grandma, your card is perfect! Love the background paper, and the huge glittery numbers! Great job!

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card for a 17-year-old grandson! I agree - guy cards are so hard. You do a great job with them, though. Yep, it's getting chillier and chillier. We had to turn our heat on yesterday.

Glittered Paws said...

Love shaker cards and I am just about to get the hang of making them. This card is perfect for your grandson, I know he will love it.
We have had cool night just the past two nights, in fact turned the furnace on yesterday am just to knock the chill off.

Jeanne H said...

I really like this card. A great idea for a guy. My grandson's b-day is coming up so a CASEing of your may get done. Thanks.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fabulous card for a 17 year old and the fancy cycling DP was perfect too! Teen boys cards are definitely the hardest to make, reckon if someone came up with a line that was cool and not cute they'd make a killing for sure!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A very smart looking shaker card Cheryl and beautifully made too. I agree with you, it is a challenge to come up with something new every year for boys and this is just perfect. Love the two-tone sequins to match the card and wording too. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you enjoyed your evening out. Michelle x