Wish List

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Happy birthday burger and fries...

 

I've had a Spellbinders die set that features a burger, fries and a soft drink for a really long time and have never used it--until now. I finally pulled it out to make a couple of cards for the thrift store, and I thought they turned out pretty cute. I'm certain I purchased this set during one of Spellbinder's big sales, thinking it would be great for my own teenaged grandsons, but it will also work well for a tween boy or girl.


After cutting out all the pieces, I used some finger daubers to add a little ink to most of them before assembling. To properly stack all the parts of my hamburger, I added some double-sided tape to a narrow strip of cardstock and then carefully adhered the bun bottom-burger-cheese-tomato-lettuce-bun top onto this strip.




The sentiment on the inside was computer-generated.










For this card, I followed Jennifer McGuire's video directions for making a circle flip card. It was pretty easy and actually turned out well.

This is how the card looks when fully opened. I added two white circles on the inside, making sure the one on the right was placed exactly behind the front circle. I left a little room on the bottom of the right-hand circle for a signature. 

Both the birthday definition on the left and "Happy Birthday!" on the rectangle at right are stamps.

We had a nice weekend. The weather has been absolutely perfect--warm days, cool nights, and soft breezes. In fact, it's been perfect weather for growing grass, too. Ours is getting high and will have to be mowed this week. That will be my job, of course, since my hubs is still recovering from his knee surgery. I'm not complaining, though. I actually don't mind mowing the lawn--it's good exercise!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both cards are wonderful. Really love that second one - so cute!

Patti J said...

So cute, and I love your fun sentiments! Well done, as always!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a great tween or teen card - or even an adult. Don't you love it when you use something for the first time and think "why haven't I used this?" This has everything I like on my burger - in other words the works. Although we have been making "grilled cheese hamburger" bread, Velvetta, burger, Velvetta, bread and then grilled. Oh yummy. Right now it is warm here days and nights. We are at the end of garden season so picking a lot of veggies. Glad hubby is doing well.

designbydonna said...

These are so cute. Love that "full meal deal" sentiment. You're right these are great kids and teens cards. It is so hard to make cards for teen boys especially. That is a fun circle flip card. Will have to check out that video.

Lynette said...

Looks yummy - how fun. I've been meaning to make one of that style of card, but of course I haven't gotten around to it.

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a fab fun card , it would make you fancy a nice burger ;) Great layout too, you're so good at these fancy folds!
Hope you got your lawn mowed ... I love that job too but my lines up and down the lawn aren't straight enough for some people so he usually does it himself hahaha.