Wish List

Friday, September 17, 2021

Using up those card parts...

 I've been going through my card parts trying to use some of them up. I came across a couple of digital images that I had printed and colored years (yup, years) ago.

This image and the sentiment are from Tiddly Inks. I added the glasses to this sweet girl, because back when I purchased this image,  I was making a card for my granddaughter who wears glasses. I colored two of the same image, and then picked the one that looked the best for her card. The left-over image went into my card parts.  

For this card, I die-cut the image and added the clouds in the background, being careful not to sponge any ink onto my image. 


I really do love this image. I think it's because I use to love to hang like this from any branch, pole or other high rail when I was a girl. 









On the inside of my card I added a few more clouds and a sentiment strip I had on hand (another card part!)






This image is another digital one from Bugaboo Stamps. I have a few of their images. They're fun and quirky. For this card, I cut a bright yellow frame for my image and popped the whole thing up on foam squares.


The "Thinking of You" sentiment strip (yet another card part) is given some dimension with foam tape.

This image and the Tiddly Inks one above were colored with Promarkers.







There is only a simple, stamped message on the inside of this card.

We are slowly getting back to normal here after my hubby's surgery. He's doing really well and doesn't even use his cane inside the house anymore. On Wednesday night, we even took my brother out to dinner to celebrate his birthday. We have a little Cuban restaurant near us that has outdoor seating, and the food is really good! It's called Guavas Cuban Cafe. If you're ever in south Minneapolis, I recommend it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

That little girl is a fun image. Good job with the coloring and the clouds. Great encouragement card. I love Bugaboo Digitals. I have several of theirs also. Again your coloring is geautiful. The background papers set off the image really well.

Glittered Paws said...

First off glad hubby is doing well.
Now for the cards - love the little girl - I too loved to hang upside down, in fact I have a couple of really "old" pictures in my scrapbook that dear DIL made for me several years ago. And the second card is adorable - love the little lady bug.
Have a great weekend.

Lynette said...

Two fabulous cards, Cheryl! I have many digital images, too, but most of them are not even printed out. You finished these so prettily. Good job of working with your card parts. I got out a few of mine earlier this week and have made some cards with them. One of these days I'll get them blogged.

Patti J said...

These are both such fun cards! Love the glossy accents on the glasses in your first card, and that Bugaboo card made me happy!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

two fabulous card the little girl hanging upside down is adorable, you have done a lovely job coloring both cards. the flower with the ladybug is also just so cute, great job.
have a Blessed weekend
Dottie

Lynne in NI said...

Go you, getting through your card parts pile!! These are booth fab... I loved hanging from bars too!
Hope hubby's doing ok, not an easy op to get over but it will be worth it in the end X