Wish List

Friday, September 3, 2021

Big birthday wishes...

 These days I am loving large sentiments that fill a card front, especially for masculine cards. It's a quick way to make a card and it looks clean and simple--perfect for those men in our lives.

I made these two cards in a very short time, cutting the "Big Birthday Wishes" out of DSP and silver metallic cardstock. I think these sentiment panels were  3 1/2" X 4 3/4".


On this card I matted the panel with black CS, glued the silver letters into the negative spaces of the DSP,  and adhered this to a card base.


























This card features just the opposite: silver background and DSP letters, matted with black and adhered to a card base.




























I found this fun birthday poem online and used my computer to print out two sentiment panels for the insides of my cards. 


















Finally, I thought I'd share a couple photos of the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition that we attended last weekend. We were told we could take all the photos we wished, as long as we didn't use a flash. 

The exhibition consisted of images painted by Van Gogh projected onto all the walls of a couple of very large rooms. As you stood or sat in the room you were surrounded by very large depictions of Van Gogh's art. The images had motion and each one dissolved before you and re-formed into another. It was all accompanied by soaring music. I really enjoyed it. The only thing I wish they would add is more information about Van Gogh's life. 



When this self-portrait of Van Gogh appeared on the wall, the candlight was flickering. You could watch the candles slowly go out and the resulting smoke rise from the wicks.
























This painting began as a root system underground. You could watch as the roots grew to the surface, sprouted leaves and then blossomed into the flowers you see here.

We actually sat and watched the entire production three times, each time finding some new detail that we hadn't noticed before.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Big looks SO good on your cards! Love these a lot, and I need to find some big dies! Great job!

Lynette said...

I think I need to get some of those big dies, too - great cards! The Van Gogh experience sounds great. I just forwarded your blog post to Jim. :-)

designbydonna said...

Those big words are spectacular on your card. Good use of materials to use the negatives on each card. The Van Gogh experience looks amazing. I hope it eventually comes to Indianapolis. Probably unintentional but love the description of the men in our lives--"clean and simple" At least that is how I read it! hahahaha

Glittered Paws said...

I'm loving the BIG dies - have a couple and just ordered another one. And the cute sentiment inside is going to be one that I have to case. The Van Gogh pictures are awesome, especially the first one. What a great experience.