Wish List

Friday, September 24, 2021

Congrats on your new home...

 

This card was made with another card part--the image--from years ago. I had printed out this image and then colored it with Promarkers. I colored this one shortly after I got my Promarkers (can you tell?) and had no idea how to use them. I'm still not very good at it, but I've learned a few techniques since then. This card has already sold at the thrift store, so I guess someone thought it was ok.

I started this card with a kraft card base. I stamped a woodgrain pattern on the front with navy blue ink.


One of my favorite things to do is to add some clouds in the background with my new cloud stencil. It takes so little effort to get a nice cloudy sky!

I also added some Nuvo Drops to the centers of the flowers.

The word "Congrats" was cut three times and layered for a little dimension. My strip sentiment underneath it was popped up on foam tape.





As you can see in this picture, I just couldn't help adding more clouds to the inside. This time I added them over a circle stencil and put a strip sentiment in the center. I like the way it turned out though, so I think I'll keep this in mind for other cards.

Tonght we are bringing pizza to one of my husband's cousins who is homebound for a while because she had surgery on her foot and is in a cast. She is not allowed to put any weight on her foot or even drive.  We haven't been going anywhere either since my hubby's surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago, so we're looking forward to the outing.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend with lots of sunshine and balmy weather.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool card, Cheryl - I'm glad it already sold! Enjoy your pizza - and your visit.

Patti J said...

Awww…how cute is this! Wow! Sold already? That’s great! You are so generous, donating your cards to the thrift store! Thanks for sharing! Needed a smile!

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Cheryl, you've reminded me that I need to make one for Mum's nextdoor neighbour. Bet your visit was very welcome, especially if you arrived with pizza!!! Hope hubby is healing ok, it will take a while before he's fit to run a marathon ;)

Glittered Paws said...

So cute - and love your clouds, the clouds just add that certain pop to any outside image. How did the two post op patients do last night with the pizza.

designbydonna said...

That is a cute little house. Great setting with the wood backgrounds. Sounds like your husband is progressing well if he was able to get out. We had beautiful weather this weekend in Chicago area for watching our granddaughters run cross ountry.