Wish List

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Holding you in my prayers...

 This card is another one that I have donated to the thrift store. It was quick to make, as I already had the grapevine image colored and cut out with an oval die.


I remember when I colored this image. It was a few years ago and it has lain unloved in my card parts box since then. I used Promarkers to color and added a little yellow chalk in the background.

I believe I found the image on the internet. After I printed it out, I fussy-cut portions of the three lower leaves and made sure the oval die I used was underneath those portions so it wouldn't cut them off.  This is an old technique that I used to use fairly often. I don't know what it's called anymore, so I was unable to find a tutorial online that would shadow you exactly what I mean. Maybe I'll have to make a tutorial the next time I do this.

My lacy trim on the left side started out as an ecru lace sticker that had a sort of rubbery dimension to it. I wanted some purple lace, so I thought, why not try coloring it with an alcohol marker. It worked! And the shade was perfect for my card.

My sentiment strip is popped up on foam tape.


I added some Wink of Stella to my grapes. You can actually see it in the photo at left. You can also see that I've popped the oval up on foam squares.
On the inside I used another piece of the purple DSP as a mat and added a stamped sentiment.
Today was a quiet, rainy day. I took my husband to his physical therapy session this morning and then washed clothes and worked on cards. 

I wash clothes every Monday and have to laugh at myself for being so regular at that. When I was a young mother, my grandmother used to remind me often during my weekly visits that I should follow a schedule: Monday-washing, Tuesday-ironing, Wednesday-baking, etc. etc. I can't say I follow any of her admonitions for the other days of the week, but I do wash clothes every Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

So pretty. Love how the leaves hang off the edge of the oval. That cutting looks tricky. I would be interested in how to do that. It adds extra interest to the card. Your purple shades are pretty.

Lynne in NI said...

Well I'm so glad you used your grapevine Cheryl, you made a beautiful card! Love that sentiment too.
I did giggle at your cleaning comment, my Mum is exactly the same and a certain job should be done on a certain day. My regime is much more haphazard!

Patti J said...

Lol….at our house every day that ends in ‘Y’ is a craft day! Love your card, Cheryl! I always enjoy seeing one of these fun cuts! They add so much character! I’m sure the thrift shop appreciates your generosity!

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card for the thrift shop. And the message inside is vey comforting.
I usually do laundry on Monday as well - isn't it funny how we tend to keep habits that we grew up with.

Lynette said...

Your card is so pretty, Cheryl, and I'm glad that your lovely image finally got used. It was just a couple years ago that I stopped doing laundry on Monday. Now I do it when we run out of underwear! LOL!