Wish List

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Happy anniversary flowers on a half-high card front...

 

I made this anniversary card to donate to the trhift store. It's an odd size--about 6 1/2" X 4 1/4"--but I wanted to use up a piece of  6 1/2" X 8 1/2" black CS that was laying on my desk. I just folded it in half to make my cardbase. 

But then I thought, why not cut off half the front to make a sort of Dutch door?

After cutting off half of my card front, I added some polka-dotted DSP.  I also die-cut some flowers and leaves from scraps of CS and glued them across the top. A small pearl was put in the center of each flower.

I stamped "happy" across the top of my white panel. "Anniversary" was heat embossed and popped up with a foam strip.

The inside sentiment was stamped with an old wood-mounted stamp.

My flowers and leaves peek over the edge of my card front when seen from the inside, but that doesn't bother me. I hope it doesn't bother the person who buys this card either!

My husband continues to recover from his knee-replacement surgery. He is now bored to death, though. I keep offering to bring him card-making supplies so he can work on a few cards, but he declines. Now that he can walk fairly well with a cane, he's starting to pace when he's feeling particularly bored. The slow plodding and thumping of the cane reminds me of a horror movie where the killer is stalking someone who is hiding in a house. We do go for short walks outside each day but that just isn't enough to help him relax. I need to find him a hobby!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, whoever gets this card is going to love it! All of those flowers providing a border for the "Dutch door" are so pretty!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Cheryl! I haven’t done a half front card in a long time…you’ve inspired me to do so! Love the cheery colors with the black and white! Great job!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the card - another idea that I have to put on my to do list. The flowers are just too cute.
Believe it or not my hubby used to help me in my room - that is when we were doing craft shows. We would have a blast. Now he usually works outside on something (currently building kids a tree house).

Lynette said...

What a cool card, Cheryl! I really love it - such a great idea.