Wish List

Friday, September 10, 2021

To ink or not to ink, that is the question...

 I made a couple of sympathy cards recently and used the same Cuttlebug embossing folder on each one. I decided  to use my Ranger ink blending tool (the rectangular one that uses felt pads) to add a hint of blue ink to one of them.

I thought the ink blending tool did a nice job of adding ink to the first card. The tool's rigid, flat surface keeps the ink on the raised design for the most part.


I added a strip of navy blue cardstock with a length of lighter blue ribbon across that. Then, I stamped a sentiment onto a scalloped oval and popped it up with dimensionals on my cardstock strip and ribbon.








As you can see on this card, I only embossed the top 2/3 of my white panel. Since the bottom was smooth, it was the perfect place to stamp my sentiment.

The only embellishment I've added here is a blue ribbon tied in a simple knot.






I stamped the same sentiment with navy blue ink on the inside of each card.

My husband is doing well after his knee-replacement surgery. His surgery began at 7am, and I was driving him home by 10:30am. It's hard to believe they can discharge you so quickly after joint replacement surgery! Luckily, he's had no complications and his pain medication has been keeping him comfortable. He is using crutches for now, but starts his rehab therapy today, so hopefully he'll be able to graduate to a cane soon.

Thank you for the well wishes in your comments on my last post. We appreciate them so much!

And thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


10 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can't choose.........I love both of them and you have given me a wonderful idea for when I need sympathy cards. Of course they can be for many instances but very nice for sympathy.

Lynne in NI said...

Well these are two beautiful cards Cheryl!
Hope hubby's on the mend soon, he will have a few painful days ahead. We think Greg needs a new hip but I dread to think how long he would be waiting for it!!

Lynette said...

Your cards are beautiful, Cheryl. Glad your husband's knee surgery went well. Good luck to him on his therapy and recuperation.

Glittered Paws said...

You shouldn't have us make tough decisions like this as I like both of them equally well.
Can't believe a knee replacement outpatient, I don't my doctor does that "yet". I am glad I am out of nursing (retired) as I just don't know if I could adjust to all the changes. Once he starts therapy he will be up and running.

Jeanne H said...

I love both these cards...have that embossing folder too. Best wishes for your dh to feel and do well quickly.

designbydonna said...

I love them both. The touch of blue is my fav though. I like how it is just barely there but enhances the embossing. I have been retired 12 years but remember knee replacement patients being in the hospital 3-5 days. Actually it is good not to stay in a hospital especially these days. Good luck to your husband as he starts therapy.

Sue said...

Cheryl, I LOVE them both. The light blue does enhance the embossing. Inside sentiment if lovely too. Good luck to your hubby on his continued recovery. They have made so much progress with these replacement surgeries.

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your sweet comment.

Hugs
Sue

Nessie said...

They are both really pretty, but my favourite is the white one

Nessie said...

They are both really pretty, but my favourite is the white one

Nessie said...

They are both really pretty, but my favourite is the white one