Wish List

Friday, February 18, 2022

A few more Valentines...

 I thought I would quickly share a few more of the Valentines I made this year. Since I made about 50 of them, there was quite a selection. Most of them were donated to the thrift store, and I'm happy to say they all sold.


This Valentine was a mini-slimline card. I was trying to use up some heart-patterned paper. The X's and O's were cut from glitter CS and each scalloped circle was popped up on dimensionals.
















I had a pack of red heart doilies and used one of them on this card. The center strip is a scrap of DSP matted with red CS. The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.

This Valentine featured a sticker in the center rectangle. The sticker just happened to fit perfectly in the pretty die-cut cover on my card. The flower and leaf flourish were also cut with dies and inked for a little added dimension. I added some Nuvo Drops to the center of my flower.

This kite card was fun to make, using a couple different die sets. The main part of the kite and the clouds were popped up on foam squares. My sentiment was computer-generated, cut with a stitched circle die and also popped up on foam squares.

For this card, I went through all the extra hearts I had in my Valentine supplies box and put a few in a pocket, which was also cut with a die. I made three of these cards, so I was able to use up quite a few of those hearts! The sentiment was printed with my computer and popped up on foam tape.

This is the last Valentine I will share with you today. Not because I have now shared them all--I haven't--but because enough is enough. I'm sure you're all as ready as I am to move on to another occasion for cards.

I actually had the pretty die-cut/stitched heart in my supplies box, left over from last year. I cut the heart shape below it, inked it a bit, and then popped the stitched heart on top of it with dimensionals. For a little sparkle, I added a tiny purple gem in the middle. The little heart border was die-cut and inked a bit before gluing directly to my card front. The sentiment was also from my supplies box and glued directly to the card front.

As you can see, I don't make very complicated cards when I have to make them quickly. I also try to use the supplies and card parts that I have on hand whenever possible. All the cards had simple stamped sentiments on the inside such as "Happy Valentine's Day" or "Be my Valentine."

I am now ready to start thinking about Easter and all those family birthdays that pop up in the Spring and Summer.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh my - what a wonderful variety of amazing cards, Cheryl! that third one is SO beautiful!! I love them all. Hopefully I will remember to get all of my extra valentines to you before next year. I may have about 20 of them!

designbydonna said...

These are all very pretty Valentine's. I like the use of other colors. My favorite is the pink cover plate.

Glittered Paws said...

What a nice selection of Valentines you made, love simple and easy, especially when they look elegant like you have made them. Beautiful day here in MO. think we will have to take a walk with the Buddy dog.

Patti J said...

These are all outstanding! I can’t wait to see your Easter card! I need to make about 100 for church, and I’m stumped this year! Thanks for tons of inspiration!