Wish List

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Owl always love you...

 I showed some felt critters in this post that I had purchased at Dollar Tree and used to make some cards for the thrift store. I mentioned that there was also a pink owl included in the pack, and here's how I used that owl:

I used a heart stencil to add some pale pink hearts in the background and also added a little shading around my main panel.  The tree branch was cut with a really old Sizzix (I think) die. The three little hearts in the upper righthand corner were punched out of glitter paper, and my sentiment was computer-generated and popped up on foam tape.

The owl, and all the other felt critters were attached to my card fronts with some really strong double-sided tape. It's sort of an industrial-type tape that I purchased at a store called Axman Surplus. It's a fun store to visit, and I always seem to find crafting supplies there for incredibly low prices. I buy a lot of my double-sided foam tape there, too.


The inside was stamped with "Happy Valentine's Day." I probably should have added a couple of those glittery hearts here, too!

I made three of these cards and donated them to the thrift store along with the other critter cards. They have all sold, as have all the other Valentines I've donated. Time to make a few more before February 14!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, this is a really cute card! Sorry I had missed the post where you showed all of those "critters". They are such a fun collection of figures for children's cards!

designbydonna said...

That is an adorable little owl. Just want to give him a big hug. The felt is a great way to add texture to a card.I can see why your felt animal cards sold so quickly.

Lynette said...

Such a cute little owl, and a sweet card. That is so cool that the cards you donate sell so fast!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww that is just the cutest card ever! Not surprised they sold so quickly!

Glittered Paws said...

Love owls - just don't use my owl stamps often. This is absolutely the cutest - and you cut from felt - talk about adding texture- great job.