Wish List

Friday, February 11, 2022

Stack, cut and shuffle Valentines...

 I got an idea for making some quick Valentines from Vicki at Heartwarmers from Vicki. I love this concept and will use it for lots more cards in the future.

The instructions for making these cards were to select four different, but coordinating, patterned papers, then cut a piece from each of them that measures 3 3/4" X 5". Then, each of those pieces is cut per the diagram below.


Once all your pieces are cut, you arrange them on 4" X 5 1/4" mats, making sure you have one piece of each DSP on each mat. Once that is done, you adhere the matted designs to A2 card bases.

I unknowingly had two pieces of one DSP stuck together when I cut it, so I ended up with more of one pattern than the others. It really didn't matter, though, I just made sure I had all four patterns of DSP on each card. 

I placed a fancy, die-cut heart backed in white on the center of each card with foam squares. I thought I was placing the hearts at a "jaunty" angle, but maybe they just look crooked. LOL I added a little sparkle by placing a tiny gem in the center of the heart.

The sentiment was computer-generated, die-cut and then popped up on foam tape.

Because I double cut some of my paper, I had enough to make a couple more cards, using the same concept. Each card had a stamped sentiment on the inside that said, simply, "Happy Valentine's Day."

These were so quick and fun to make. I plan to make some Easter cards using this concept. I think they'd be pretty with some pastel papers, such as yellow, lilac, pink and aqua.

We had a bit of a snowstorm today, and now it is supposed to get really cold again. I will be so happy when winter is over. We'll be doing a bit of remodeling on our house in the spring, so that's another reason I am anxious for Old Man Winter to take a powder!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a great concept. This design is so versatile for quick multiple cards--thinking Christmas. I love your combo of pink and grey. I think the angle of the heart is more artistic than just straight and lined up. Unless you are OCD and really need everything squared up.

Lynette said...

Pretty papers, pretty cards!

Patti J said...

What a fun way to create several beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing the instructions! Will give this a try!

Glittered Paws said...

Love love this - printed out the template. I "think" I am going to have a couple of hours in my room today so this is on my list to create. So many options for this. Great cards.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Sorry, I've been absent from your blog and will be quite a bit. We are going through some home improvements and it is forcing me to spend most of my time going through craft things so we can clear out the computer/craft room to be painted and new flooring. Not fun!

So glad you gave the "Stack, Cut and Shuffle" idea a try. Great Valentines!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are fab, and a great way to show off your pretty DPs! Hope Spring show up soon! We've a couple storms due over the next few days so lookin like we'll be laying low - definitely appreciate working from home on days like that!

Anonymous said...

So, did you come up with another card that you could use the left over pieces from cutting down a 6x6?