Wish List

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Some doggy Valentines...


 I have a die set that creates this little pooch. He is so darn cute that I can't help but make him the star of a few Valentines every year. Luckily, I can donate them. That way my grandkids don't get tired of getting the same image on their Valentines year after year.


I cut my little Valentine dogs out of light gray cardstock and then did a bit of inking on them. I think I may have gotten a little heavy-handed with the inking. It looks like they rolled around in the mud! 

"For You" was stamped on each of the hearts that they hold in their mouths.







I also used a lacy heart die to cut the heart doily behind them. I thought it added such a nice backdrop and really brings the focus to the pups.

Each dog also has a glittery strip to "ground" them, so they don't look like they're floating in mid-air.







On the inside of each card, I added a computer-generated sentiment.

Both of these cards were donated. I hope whoever bought them enjoyed giving them as much as I enjoyed making them.

I mailed out my personal Valentines yesterday--21 of them to family members. I figure I have made about 50 Valentines altogether, although there were lots of duplicate designs. I have photos of more of them that I will share with you in the coming days.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Ha, Ha, Ha. I read the title of your blog and laughed, thinking you are making valentines for people to give to their dogs. LOL! Anyway, this puppy is adorable and he probably did roll in the dirt. The heart doilies emphasis that it is for Valentin's Day. Without the hearts you could also use this for any occasion for a dog person.

Lynette said...

These are so "dog-gone" cute, Cheryl! Sorry - couldn't resist. But, they really are sweet and I can see why you want to use that die over and over. I love the heart doily, too.

Lynne in NI said...

Lol dirt is automatically attracted to puppies!! These are adorable Cheryl, they're not going to hang around your store long.
That is a lot of cards to mail! Valentine's isn't really a thing over here, other than the compulsory one to your other half!

Patti J said...

Absolutely adorable! That dog is the sweetest die ever! Great job, as always!

Glittered Paws said...

Well I didn't make a card for our dog but I did get him a special treat to have on Valentines Day. This doggie is so cute - and love the heart in his mouth with the message. I am sure these sold quickly. Cute die.
I did I think 7 Valentines cards. Mostly family but a couple to friends.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Adorable cards!