Wish List

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Get well card...

 

This was a get well card that I made for the thrift store to sell. I wanted to try this fun fold, and it actually was really fun to make!

I cut off the front of the card base at a diagonal from the upper left corner to the lower right. The cut-off piece became scrap.

Then I cut a 4" X 5 1/4" piece of double-sided DSP, cut that in half diagonally and added it to my triangular card front. The left-over piece was used on a second card like this, but flipped to show the pattern on the other side.

I cut another piece of the DSP at 4" X 5 1/4" and adhered that to the inside of my card with the opposite pattern showing.

Finally, my smaller insert card was created from a piece of blue CS that was 3" X 8" folded in half to form a 3" X 4" card base. 

A sentiment panel was added to the inside with its computer-generated sentiment.  

A butterfly die-cut was adhered to the front of the smaller card with a few gems added for sparkle. I also printed "get well soon" with my computer, cut it out with a die and popped it up on foam tape.

This is one of the easier fancy folds I have made, and I'll be making lots of these for the thrift store. The customers seem to like fancy folds, as they are not something they generally find in the card section of a drugstore.

It is snowing here again today, which means I'll be wielding a snow shovel as soon as it quits. In the meantime, however, I'll be working on a few more cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

Lynette said...

That DOES look like fun to make - thanks for sharing the process. Yep, quite a bit of snow. We were out delivering Meals on Wheels this morning, and were happy to be back home again!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I haven't seen a card made with that fold before. I really think it is a great one! (BTW, I'm probably not going to be commenting for a while. We are going through things in our computer/craft room getting ready for new flooring and painting. That means me going through A LOT of craft things to either get rid of or pack it up. I'll be back.)

designbydonna said...

Love this. The gold die cut on the front is beautiful. I haven't seen that fun fold before. It does make an interesting card. I am going to try this one.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great fun fold, and the die cut on the front is very pretty. You are right you just don't find fun folds in store bought cards.

Lynne in NI said...

Well isn't that just so clever, what a fab fold!
I'm sure you are fed up with the snow! We've had the loveliest sunny spring day today with a hint of warmth, though it was -5 last night.