Wish List

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #180: Anything Goes or From the Heart (Valentines, Engagement, Wedding, etc.)...

 
Today starts a new challenge over at Let's Craft and Create. I have a feeling you've been working on cards that would fit the challenge option to a tee: Valentines, anniversaries or other heart-themed cards. I hope you'll join in on the fun and post your projects here. Remember, there's a prize up for grabs!

I chose to make a Valentine that's got a LOT of hearts on it. In fact, it has an entire bouquet of hearts.

Isn't this a fun card? I first cut a prettily edged rectangle for my background. If you look closely, you'll see that the lacy edge actually has tiny heart shapes cut out of it to form each scallop. My sentiment was printed with my computer and then cut out with a pierced circle die.


I just love this little bouquet of hearts. After cutting thin strips of several different shades of green cardstock, I glued some little punched hearts onto the ends. I gathered them together into a bouquet, wrapped them with a small square of some dotted tissue paper I had on hand, and adhered them to my card. As a final touch, I placed a self-adhesive red or pink gem on each of the larger hearts.






The inside of my card has a stamped sentiment and a couple more punched hearts.

This card really didn't take long to make and it doesn't require many supplies. In fact, I had so much fun making it, I think I'll make a few more.

Now it's your turn, and I can't wait to see what you create. We've had so MANY fabulous creations posted for each challenge that it's been really hard to pick a winner.

The Design Team has lots of inspiration for you, so check it out at Let's Craft and Create,

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love this. The bouquet of hearts is just so cute wrapped up in the tissue paper. That swirl patterned pick paper shows them off really well.

Lynette said...

Such a pretty bouquet of heart flowers, and an awesome card.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love this Cheryl, how clever are you! A perfect little bouquet for Valentine's Day!

Glittered Paws said...

Love this - I can see an Easter egg bouquet too!!! Who wouldn't love to get a bouquet of hearts for Valentines day. Great idea and love the tissue paper wrap.