Wish List

Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy Beerthday...

Quite a while ago I purchased a package of random small dies, and this beer mug die was one of them. It came with three pieces--the mug shape, the inside piece (for the beer) and the foam.

The mugs were cut from white, translucent vellum. I know it looks blue in the photo, but that's just my blue circle of cardstock showing through.

The beer pieces were cut from gold cardstock, covered with double-sided tape and adhered to the backsides of the mugs.

The foam was cut from poster board, giving it lots of dimension.

The sentiment on the front of the card was computer-generated, and the inside sentiment is an old wood stamp that I got from the thrift store.

This slimline card was very quick (and fun) to make. I think it works great as a masculine card (if the guy likes beer, that is).  I have a few males in my family who enjoy having a beer, so I think this card design will get some more use.

I hope your new year has started well. We've had a brief spate of cold weather, but it is supposed to warm to 30 degrees today, so that will feel almost balmy! 

 I have begun putting away the Christmas decorations. It usually takes me a couple of days to get it all done. When do you put yours away? Soon after the holiday, or weeks later?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

What fun masculine cards. The beer nug is perfect for that. Love the puny sentiment too. The chore of putting away is one reason I don't do much decorating.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the beer card with the "frothy" foam on top, what a great guy card.
I take my Christmas decorations down right after Christmas - within a day or two. It is a lot more fun to put up than take down.

Lynette said...

What a fabulous guy card! I have many people that I could send one like that to. We got all of our Christmas stuff put away on Monday. It feels great to have it done! We do it anytime between the 29th and the 1st, usually. A tad bit later this year.

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card, love those little beer mugs!
Took me about 20 minutes to put away our Christmas decorations, no tree this year.. would have been too much temptation for Molly!