Wish List

Monday, January 24, 2022

You make my heart happy...


 For this card I reached into my large plastic envelopes filled to the brim with paper scraps and pulled out leftover pieces of blue, red, orange, yellow and green. I cut a full rainbow from each color. Then I made five cards like this one, with the rainbow starting with a different color at the top for each one. 

Because I've used so many snippets for this card, I'm entering it into the Snippets Playground Challenge #420 - Ruby's Memory.


In this photo, I think you can see that I have popped up my die-cut clouds with foam squares.

My computer-generated sentiment is also popped up on a strip of foam tape.



The inside of my card has another computer-generated sentiment with an additional red heart. All the little hearts on this card were punched out from snippets of red CS, of course! So much fun.

It is so terribly cold here that I am loathe to even go outside. I need to take some books to the Little Free Library on our block, but I don't even want to walk half a block outside in order to do that. It will not get above 0 degrees tomorrow and the weather people have warned us that the windchills will be dangerous; they may reach a -40 degrees! I think the Little Free Library donations will have to wait a day or two.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

10 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love seeing rainbows, something so cheerful about it. Your rainbow above the raining hearts is certainly cheerful. Love that sentiment. You know, we should all go around making someones's heart happy. Don't feel bad about not taking your books to the library, No one else wants to get out in the cold to pick up a book there.

Lynette said...

That is so cute! Way to use up some scraps. I love all the die cuts.

Glittered Paws said...

Brrrrr....good day to stay inside which is what I am going to do the next couple of days. Cold here but not THAT cold. Love your scrap Valentine card - what a great idea - love the die cuts you used. Stay warm.

Sarn said...

Well, it was bitter here in the UK yesterday, but NOT as bitter as it sounds in Minnesota! Staying warm and cosy inside sounds eminently sensible!

However, if you DO get a chance to venture out, please make your way up to the Playground Treehouse where you are sure of a warm welcome. There's coffee and almond cookies available too!

LOVING your sweet rainbow valentine cards with that BRILLIANT sentiment!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Dang, girl, be careful, that is some frigidity happening on a grand scale! Stay home and cozy and crafty. Your rainbow card will brighten and warm up anyone who sees it! I love each and every crisp detail from the card base to the inside! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Cheryl, what a unique Valentine, love it. The bright colors and super cute design are wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

mamapez5 said...

A happy card. how Nice! It is cold here but I am glad we don't get to your low temperatures. Your cheerful card has really brightened my day. Kate P.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sweet card Cheryl great to see you at the Ruby's Memory challenge xx
Brrrr my feet are always freezing here, no way could I cope with your temps!!!

Di said...

What a lovely card Cheryl - exactly what we need to get us through our Winter months. And great use of snippets as well. Keep warm, it sounds so cold there!

Hugs

Di xx

Patti J said...

These are so sweet! Love them! Brrr…has been cold here, and we are to get a snow-maggedon on Weds…. Is it summer yet?