Wish List

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Creating tiny pearls with Nuvo Drops...

I have seen handmade cards online that featured lines of tiny pearls that the crafter made with either Perfect Pearls or Nuvo Drops. I thought they looked so pretty, so I gave it a try with some of my Nuvo Drops. I didn't really succeed, as mine aren't nearly as perfectly shaped as the ones I saw...but it was fun.

I added a vellum oval to some pretty paper from Stampin' Up. The vellum was adhered along its edge and underneath the die-cut flower and sentiment. 

It took some time to add all my tiny pearls. I also had to wait until they were fully dried before I finished the inside of my card.


This flower was made with one of my favorite die sets. The petals are a good size so that I can place a small piece of foam tape under some of them for added dimension.

I tried to match my die-cuts to the colors in the DSP.








While I waited for my pearls to dry, I made another card.


This card was put together with bits and pieces from my card parts. I know my doily looks like it has been adhered at an angle, but it really is straight. Really! I'm just a very bad photographer.

ETA: On the advice of master cardmaker, Darnell, I am entering this card into challenge #419 on the Snippets Playground blog. My card, after all, was made entirely from snippets (except for the base).


On the inside of the card, I added a stamped sentiment. I also added a stamped sentiment to the inside of my first card, but I forgot to take a photo of it.

I am currently making some thank you cards for the thrift store. I have misplaced one of my favorite "Thank You" dies. I sure hope I didn't accidentally throw it out with all my paper scraps when I was cleaning and organizing my craft space.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

Lynette said...

Two great cards, Cheryl! Love the flowers and all the "pearls" on the first card. I have troubles getting my drops to look good. Your stack of cups is pretty cool - great papers for them. I sure hope you find your thank you die!

designbydonna said...

Love the cheerful and spring like flowers. I think you did a great job with those pearl drops. The great think about them is they don't puncture the envelope like real pearls. I have tried a few Nuvo drops on cards but this any would make my hand cramp. Love the tea cups sitting on the doily shelf.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nothing wrong at all with the drops on the first card. Love the first card! The second card is really cute with those stacked cups.

Lynne in NI said...

Two very pretty cards Cheryl, your pearl drops look fab! Good luck finding your die, if it's anything like mine that disappear it will turn up in about 10 months time 😉

Darnell said...

Nonsense, Cheryl, your pearly card is absolutely lovely! You certainly gave yourself a high bar to get over for your first time making drops, so I'm very impressed! Your second card is so pretty with the doily and the pp teacups! You should enter it over at Pixie's Snippets Playground. Good luck finding your die. They always have a way of turning up eventually. Sometimes I find a tiny die on the backside of my MISTI! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

I'm waving hello from the Snippets Playground Treehouse!

Two lovely cards and your snippet mountain has decreased a little!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Hi Cheryl. I'm so thrilled that Darnell suggested you come and play with us in the Snippets Playground. I adore both your makes and gosh what patience with all those teeny dots!

I feel your pain at misplacing a special die - as Darnell says, they generally turn up again. I actually keep a telescopic 'pointer' from my original lecturing days before we used Powerpoint - handy in a drawer beside me. It has a magnetic 'button' end and is great for sweeping around the floor and under desks etc here when a die goes AWOL!

Come back and play soon with us! Please.

Hugs

Di xx

Glittered Paws said...

I think you did a great job with the Nuvo drops - placement and everything. And love the coffee cup card - that could be used for just about anything. Why do we under estimate ourselves - I am so glad Darnell suggested to enter.
I just finished up kids birthday swap cards so now I have to make a congrats on your new home card and a birthday card for 2 men.