Wish List

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #179: Anything Goes with an option of Something New (new home, new baby, New Year, etc.)...

 

Oh, my gosh, it's 2022! Can you believe it? The older I get, the quicker time flies. 

It is time once again for a new challenge at Let's Craft and Create. We hope you'll join us with your creation. Remember, you can choose "Anything Goes" or "Something New" for inspiration.


I decided to to make a card to send congratulations on a new house. Because I enjoy making slimline cards, that is the format I chose.



I started with a pale blue panel and matted it with a pale yellow panel.

I heat embossed my sentiment, "Congratulations on your new house," onto the blue panel.







My streetscape was cut twice from white cardstock and adhered together for more dimension before it was glued to the blue panel. The special house, which was backed with some of the yellow cardstock, was popped up on dimensionals.


Since I like to make more than one card when I settle on a design, I made the same card again using gold metallic cardstock instead of the yellow.


I really like the way the metallic cardstock is so reflective in the windows of the house.












I kept the inside of each card very simple with just a stamped sentiment.


Here's a peek at both cards together.

Now it's your turn. Be sure to hop over to Let's Craft and Create to see what the Design Team has made to inspire you. There is a prize for this month's winner, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Both of these cards are really great - and I do like the gold mirror cardstock best. What a great card for a new home owner. Great job, I may have to go check this challenge out.

Lynette said...

What a great "new house" card, Cheryl! I bet the gold one is really stunning in person, but the yellow one is super, too. One for you and one for the store? :-)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such a cute card with that scene. I have some similar dies and need to get them out and use them!

Lynne in NI said...

Aww beautiful card Cheryl! Looks like they've every light in the house on, I can just hear my dad giving out that electric isn't free hahaha