Wish List

Friday, January 14, 2022

As I was organizing and putting away...

 ...all of my Christmas card supplies, I came across a die-cut cluster of snowflakes and some die-cut words. So in the middle of my mess, I stopped and made a card.

The snowflake cluster and words had been in my stash since last year! I just couldn't bring myself to store them for another year or throw them away. The background paper was a portion of a 12" X 12" sheet that was begging to be used, as well.


I searched through my gems to find some blue ones of different sizes and added them to the centers of the snowflakes.














The inside of the card was stamped with a simple Christmas greeting. Finally, a card for Christmas 2022 is done! Now I just need to make about 100-125 more of them for my personal needs and for the thrift store to sell. Thank goodness I have 11 1/2 months to get them done.



Last night we attended a jazz band concert in which our granddaughter Polly played trombone. It was such a fun concert and the kids played so well! There is so much talent in the group. Our feet were tapping the floor in rhythm to the music during every song. Jazz is my DH's favorite music genre, so he really enjoyed every second of it. I hope she continues with the jazz band for her two remaining years of high school. The concerts are such a treat!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Way to go - got some pieces used up and got a card done for 2022 Christmas!! I love the snowflakes and the gems. I think that I have about 25 - 30 cards done for this year.

designbydonna said...

Well, it is way more fun to make a card than to clean and organize. And, you have 1 card done for 2022. Love the snowflakes with the blue gems. The blue dotted background looks like it is snowing.

Glittered Paws said...

The cards made on the spur of the moment are the bestest. And a card for your Christmas2022 stack.
I am not a jazz fan but when you do here the music something goes off in the brain to tap your feet.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So very pretty on that blue with the white that looks like snow. I still have some Christmas/Holiday stamps sitting close to me because I have ideas that I may not remember later this year.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooh love those dies Cheryl! That is a LOT of Christmas cards to make! I think I'm doing well to manage about 40
Glad you enjoyed your concert, nice to be getting out to the real world again!